Agendas and Notices
COASTSIDE COUNTY WATER DISTRICT
766 MAIN STREET
HALF MOON BAY, CA 94019
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tuesday, January 8, 2019 - 7:00 P.M.
The Coastside County Water District (CCWD) does not discriminate against persons with disabilities. Upon request, the agenda and agenda packet materials can be provided in a format to accommodate special needs. If you require a copy of the agenda or related materials in an alternative format to accommodate a disability, or if you wish to attend this public meeting and will require special assistance or other special equipment, please call the District at (650) 726-4405 in advance and we will make every reasonable attempt to provide such an accommodation.
All public records relating to an open session item on this agenda, which are not exempt from disclosure pursuant to the California Public Records Act, that are distributed to a majority of the legislative body will be available for public inspection at the CCWD District Office, located at 766 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA at the same time that the public records are distributed or made available to the legislative body.
This agenda and accompanying materials can be viewed on Coastside County Water District’s website located at: www.coastsidewater.org.
The Board of the Coastside County Water District reserves the right to take action on any item included on this agenda.
1) ROLL CALL
2) PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3) PUBLIC COMMENT
At this time members of the public may address the Board of Directors on issues not listed on the agenda which are within the purview of the Coastside County Water District. Comments on matters that are listed on the agenda may be made at the time the Board is considering each item. Each speaker is allowed a maximum of three (3) minutes and must complete and submit a speaker slip. The President of the Board will recognize each speaker, at which time the speaker should proceed to the podium, give their name and address and provide their comments to the Board.
4) SPECIAL ORDER OF BUSINESS
- Certificates from San Mateo County Chief Elections Officer and Administration of Oath of Office to Newly Appointed Directors: Robert Feldman and Chris Mickelsen (attachment)
5) CONSENT CALENDAR
The following matters before the Board of Directors are recommended for action as stated by the General Manager. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered as routine by the Board of Directors, and will be acted upon by a single vote of the Board. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
- Approval of disbursements for the month ending December 31, 2018:
Claims: $969,028.73; Payroll: $111,234.83 for a total of $1,080,263.56 (attachment)
• December 2018 Monthly Financial Claims reviewed and approved by President Coverdell
- Acceptance of Financial Reports (attachment)
- Approval of Minutes of December 11, 2018 Regular Board of Directors Meeting (attachment)
- Monthly Water Service Connection Transfer Report (attachment)
- Installed Water Connection Capacity and Water Meters Report (attachment)
- Total CCWD Production Reports (attachment)
- CCWD Monthly Sales by Category Report - December 2018 (attachment)
- Monthly Planned Plant or Tank Discharge and New Water Line Flushing Report (attachment)
- Monthly Rainfall Reports (attachment)
- S.F.P.U.C. Hydrological Report for the month of November 2018 (attachment)
- Notice of Completion – South Highway One Pipeline Replacement Project (attachment)
- Request for Board to Provide Authorization to Write-Off Bad Debts for Fiscal Year Ending 2017-2018 (attachment)
6) MEETINGS ATTENDED / DIRECTOR COMMENTS
7) GENERAL BUSINESS
- Contract with EKI Environmental and Water for Capital Project Management Support (attachment)
- Approval of 2018 Amendments to the Water Supply Agreement with the City and County of San Francisco and the Wholesale Customers in Alameda County, San Mateo County, and Santa Clara County (attachment)
- Quarterly Financial Review (attachment)
- Coastside County Water District Board Committees (attachment)
- Appointment of CCWD Board Member Representative Alternate(s) to participate in San Mateo Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCo) election of officers (attachment)
- Resignation of Director Glassberg and Consideration of the Process for Filling a Vacancy on the Board of Directors (attachment)
8) MONTHLY INFORMATIONAL REPORTS
- Assistant General Manager’s Report (attachment)
- Superintendent of Operations Report (attachment)
- Water Resources Report (attachment)
9) DIRECTOR AGENDA ITEMS – REQUESTS FOR FUTURE BOARD MEETINGS