Agendas and Notices
COASTSIDE COUNTY WATER DISTRICT
766 Main Street
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tuesday, July 11, 2017 – 6:00 p.m.
1) ROLL CALL
2) PUBLIC COMMENT
Members of the public may address the Board of Directors on the items on the agenda for this special meeting. The Chair requests that each person addressing the Board complete and submit a speaker slip, and limit their comments to three (3) minutes.
3) CLOSED SESSION
- Conference with Labor Negotiator
Pursuant to California Government Code Section 54957.6
Agency Designated Representatives: David Dickson, General Manager
and Mary Rogren, Assistant General Manager
Employee Organization: Teamsters Union, Local 856
- Public Employee Performance Evaluation
Pursuant to California Government Section 54957
Title: General Manager
4) RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION - Public report of closed session action.
Accessible Public Meetings - Upon request, the Coastside County Water District will provide written agenda materials in appropriate alternative formats, or disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, to enable individuals with disabilities to participate in public meetings. Please send a written request, including your name, mailing address, telephone number and brief description of the requested materials and preferred alternative format or auxiliary aid or service at least two (2) days before the meeting. Requests should be sent to: Coastside County Water District, Attn: Alternative Agenda Request, 766 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019.
COASTSIDE COUNTY WATER DISTRICT
766 MAIN STREET
HALF MOON BAY, CA 94019
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 7:00 p.m.
The Coastside County Water District (CCWD) does not discriminate against persons with disabilities. Upon request, the agenda and agenda packet materials can be provided in a format to accommodate special needs. If you require a copy of the agenda or related materials in an alternative format to accommodate a disability, or if you wish to attend this public meeting and will require special assistance or other special equipment, please call the District at (650) 726-4405 in advance and we will make every reasonable attempt to provide such an accommodation.
All public records relating to an open session item on this agenda, which are not exempt from disclosure pursuant to the California Public Records Act, that are distributed to a majority of the legislative body will be available for public inspection at the CCWD District Office, located at 766 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA at the same time that the public records are distributed or made available to the legislative body.
This agenda and accompanying materials can be viewed on Coastside County Water District’s website located at: www.coastsidewater.org.
The Board of the Coastside County Water District reserves the right to take action on any item included on this agenda.
1) ROLL CALL
2) PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3) PUBLIC COMMENT
At this time members of the public may address the Board of Directors on issues not listed on the agenda which are within the purview of the Coastside County Water District. Comments on matters that are listed on the agenda may be made at the time the Board is considering each item. Each speaker is allowed a maximum of three (3) minutes and must complete and submit a speaker slip. The President of the Board will recognize each speaker, at which time the speaker should proceed to the podium, give their name and address and provide their comments to the Board.
4) CONSENT CALENDAR
The following matters before the Board of Directors are recommended for action as stated by the General Manager. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered as routine by the Board of Directors, and will be acted upon by a single vote of the Board. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
- Approval of disbursements for the month ending June 30, 2017: Claims: $1,374,028.79; Payroll: $131,182.00 for a total of $1,505,210.79 (attachment)
➢ June 2017 Monthly Financial Claims reviewed and approved by Director Feldman
- Acceptance of Financial Reports (attachment)
- Approval of Minutes of June 13, 2017 Regular and Special Board of Directors Meetings (attachment)
- Monthly Water Service Connection Transfer Report (attachment)
- Installed Water Connection Capacity and Water Meters Report (attachment)
- Total CCWD Production Report (attachment)
- CCWD Monthly Sales by Category Report – June 2017 (attachment)
- Monthly Emergency Main & Service Repairs Report and Water Line Flushing Report (attachment)
- Monthly Rainfall Reports (attachment)
- S.F.P.U.C. Hydrological Report for the month of May 2017 (attachment)
- Approval of Calcon Work Directive 17-03 for Nunes Valve Controls Project (attachment)
5) MEETINGS ATTENDED / DIRECTOR COMMENTS
6) GENERAL BUSINESS
- Agreement with Pakpour Consulting Group for El Granada Tank #1 Retaining Wall Design (attachment)
- Authorize the General Manager to Purchase a New Bowl and Shaft Assembly for Crystal Springs Pump # 3 (attachment)
- License and Commercial Right of Entry Agreement for Strawflower Village Pipeline Installation (attachment)
- Fiscal Year 2016-2017 Year End – Financial Results - Preliminary (attachment)
- Consider approval of Resolution Establishing Appropriations Limit Applicable to District during Fiscal year 2017-2018 (attachment)
- Response to 2016-2017 Grand Jury Report Regarding Independent Special Districts Website Transparency Update (attachment)
- Purchase a New Service Truck from Summit Truck Equipment (attachment)
- Recycled Water Update (attachment)
7) GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT AND MONTHLY INFORMATIONAL REPORTS (attachment)
- Assistant General Manager’s Report (attachment)
- Superintendent of Operations Report (attachment)
- Water Resource Report (attachment)
8) DIRECTOR AGENDA ITEMS – REQUESTS FOR FUTURE BOARD MEETINGS