Agendas and Notices
COASTSIDE COUNTY WATER DISTRICT
766 Main Street
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tuesday, May 8, 2018 – 7:00 p.m.
The Coastside County Water District (CCWD) does not discriminate against persons with disabilities. Upon request, the agenda and agenda packet materials can be provided in a format to accommodate special needs. If you require a copy of the agenda or related materials in an alternative format to accommodate a disability, or if you wish to attend this public meeting and will require special assistance or other special equipment, please call the District at (650) 726-4405 in advance and we will make every reasonable attempt to provide such an accommodation.
All public records relating to an open session item on this agenda, which are not exempt from disclosure pursuant to the California Public Records Act, that are distributed to a majority of the legislative body will be available for public inspection at the CCWD District Office, located at 766 Main Street, Half Moon Bay, CA at the same time that the public records are distributed or made available to the legislative body.
This agenda and accompanying materials can be viewed on Coastside County Water District’s website located at: www.coastsidewater.org.
The Board of the Coastside County Water District reserves the right to take action on any item included on this agenda.
1) ROLL CALL
2) PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3) PUBLIC COMMENT
At this time members of the public may address the Board of Directors on issues not listed on the agenda which are within the purview of the Coastside County Water District. Comments on matters that are listed on the agenda may be made at the time the Board is considering each item. Each speaker is allowed a maximum of three (3) minutes and must complete and submit a speaker slip. The President of the Board will recognize each speaker, at which time the speaker should proceed to the podium, give their name and address and provide their comments to the Board.
4) CONSENT CALENDAR
The following matters before the Board of Directors are recommended for action as stated by the General Manager. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered as routine by the Board of Directors, and will be acted upon by a single vote of the Board. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
- Approval of disbursements for the month ending April 30, 2018:
Claims: $721,388.15; Payroll: $95,638.87 for a total of $817,027.02 (attachment)
➢ April Monthly Financial Claims reviewed and approved by President Feldman
- Acceptance of Financial Reports (attachment)
- Approval of Minutes of April 10, 2018 Regular Board of Directors Meeting (attachment)
- Approval of Minutes of April 16, 2018 Special Board of Directors Meeting (attachment)
- Approval of Minutes of May 3, 2018 Special Board of Directors Meeting (attachment)
- Installed Water Connection Capacity and Water Meters Report (attachment)
- Total CCWD Production Reports (attachment)
- CCWD Monthly Sales by Category Report –April 2018 (attachment)
- Monthly Emergency Main and Service Repairs Report (attachment)
- Monthly Rainfall Reports (attachment)
- Notice of Completion – Water Meter and AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) Installation Services Project (attachment)
- SFPUC Hydrological Report for the month of March 2018 (attachment)
5) MEETINGS ATTENDED / DIRECTOR COMMENTS
6) GENERAL BUSINESS
- Authorize Entering into a Placement Agent Services Agreement with Backstrom McCarley Berry & Company, LLC to Refinance the District’s 2006 Series B Bonds. Also Authorize Entering into an Agreement with Bond Counsel (attachment)
- Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Budget Process Timeline – information only (attachment)
- Proposed Draft Fiscal Year 2018-2019 and Draft Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Operations Budgets; Draft Fiscal Year 2018/2019 to 2027/2028 Capital Improvement Program (CIP); Draft Fiscal Year 2018/2019 to 2022/2023 District Financing Plan; Proposed Rate Increases for Fiscal Years 2018-2019 and 2019-2020; and Draft Cost of Service and Rate Study and Notice of Hearing to Consider and Adopt Proposed Rate Adjustments (attachment)
7) MONTHLY INFORMATIONAL REPORTS
- Assistant General Manager’s Report (attachment)
• SFPUC Memo from Steven Ritchie – Final Water Supply Availability Estimate
- Superintendent of Operations Report (attachment)
8) DIRECTOR AGENDA ITEMS – FUTURE BOARD AND COMMITTEE MEETINGS
AND REQUESTS FOR FUTURE BOARD MEETINGS AGENDA ITEMS
- June 12, 2018 Regular Board Meeting – Present Draft O & M Budgets for FY 2018-2019 and FY 2019-2020, CIP, Financing Plan and Cost of Service and Rate Study
- June 28, 2018 – 7:00 p.m. Public Hearing/Special Board Meeting – Approve O & M Budget and CIP - Approve Rate Adjustments for FY 2018-2019 and FY 2019-2020